Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dove Tales and Mt. Hood

A while back a friend and I were at a quilt show and one of the vendors was a quilt designer who was one of our very early quilt teachers.  Her name is Pam McMahon and she was a wonderful teacher and is a very talented designer.  We each bought a pattern.  I had a terrible time deciding, but eventually chose Dove Tales.  Her website is piecebypiecequiltdesigns.com .  I didn't see the Dove Tales pattern on her website (of course I could have missed it), but there is contact info if anyone wanted that pattern.

I decided to make a test block and love how it came out.  I am not using layer cakes, as she did, but I was able to cut what I needed from scrap yardage with no issues at all.  Anyway, I am pleased with the result and looking forward to making 19 or maybe 20 (depending on whether I use the test block) more blocks.
This photo of Mt. Hood was shared yesterday.  The credit goes to Oregon Mt. Hood Territory.  "Our" mountain is just stunning in its beauty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List