Now I will readily admit that this picture leaves a lot to be desired. Early this year at our quilt group meeting, I issued a paper piecing challenge, and for myself I chose the Judy Niemeyer Pepper Dish quilt pattern. When I took this picture, I had not completed the piecing, and had not done the applique. The random green partial star is one of the ones I made to check if I liked the fabrics. It ended up being used in the center. My fabric choices are vastly different from what is shown on the face of the printed pattern.
After all that rambling, I will tell you that I am now machine quilting the quilt, and the reveal for the paper piecing challenge is at our holiday party on January 8. I am so anxious to get it completed, and will post a picture or two when it is all done.
By the way, I will tell you that the instructions were specific and very, very clear. I had no problem following them at all.