Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Applique blocks

Some time ago I took a Hawaiian Quilting class from quiltuniversity.com.  I appliqued and hand quilted another one of these, and it was done in a green batik.  I enjoyed it, and decided to do another.  So this one is now ready to be sandwiched and hand quilted.  The size will be approximately 20 inches square.
 I saw this Lori Smith pattern in the current Fons and Porter magazine and knew immediately that I wanted to make it.  I hand appliqued it, and it also is ready for sandwiching and quilting.  My current thought is that I will hand quilt it also, but that could change.  It measures 12-1/2 by 12-1/2 inches, so isn't a very big project.  I thoroughly enjoy hand applique, but readily admit my skills definitely need some  work.
Hubby and I have been very, very busy with our four grandchildren.  We had two of them over the long weekend, and then between the four of them, there seems to be at least one sporting event every evening and several on weekends.  Mind you, we're not complaining.  We love them all dearly and are very, very thankful that they all live so closely.





3 comments:

  1. I think your applique looks very beautiful and well done and BTW, thank you for your nice comments, I'm very lousy in answering these days. I've had trouble getting rid of the flu DD1 left with me when she left for the city after Easter. The only good thing about this flu is that I can blame just about anything on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! I especially like the Lori Smith pattern. I haven't done any applique' for ages and seeing yours makes me want to get back to it. Very pretty projects Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful applique and colors! We're getting the grandkids this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List