Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What a beautiful day!


September has been fantastic so far. We love it when it's cool, and it has been that. Today was supposed to be 78, but it didn't reach that. Our weather will be warming up again though.


We got out for a walk this morning before coming home and tackling the house cleaning. How is it that two people can get it dirty so quickly? Anyway, with that and grocery shopping, pulling weeds, etc., I haven't gotten much sewing done today.


Yesterday was much more productive with my quilting. I have two more borders to put on the French Braid quilt for second son and DIL. I have gotten a lot of piecing done while my Juki has been in the shop. This evening I plan on finishing the pillowcases that will go with the quilt. I like to use my leftover fabrics for the backing, and that means I need to have the pillowcases and binding made BEFORE I start putting the back together. I have made that mistake before of needing binding and wanting to make pillowcases and had no fabric.
We really enjoyed the UCLA/Tennessee football game on Monday night. Our favorite is pro football, which starts tomorrow evening, but we like college also, especially if it includes the Oregon Ducks!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the finished project Donna! I definately have to get my French Braid book out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! I love your blog, and I have an award for you at my blog! www.deesstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List