Saturday, December 6, 2008

Winter Wonderland




I have made quite a few quilts, but none I like better than this one. Too bad it is so seasonal and will be put away for most of the year. Actually, that may not be a bad thing, since it has so much white in it. Anyway, I really, really enjoyed making this. I started on the embroidery at least two years ago. I pieced the blocks in May of 2008, and put it together in the fall. The quilting was done with Superior threads glitter thread. I just love the way the quilting just sparkles



This is a closeup of the quilting. Except for the red border, I did a meander of loops and stars.






6 comments:

  1. Wow! It is simply FABULOUS..just as I knew it would be. If that were mine I don't think I'd be putting it away anytime soon. You can surely leave it out all winter and heck..whose to say it can't be out all year? It's your house..your quilt! Your quilting is wonderful and I just love this quilt!!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. donna - that is absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the motion and play in this quilt .. and the redwork snowman .. just wayyy to precious!!

    Great job!

    grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful quilt! I have seen it made up in both red and blue! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!

    I have had the pattern and fabric to make this one for almost two years now. Mine (one day) will be done in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Donna and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog....

    I have to say your Winter Wonderland quilt is to die for!! It is so beautiful. If it were my quilt I'd keep it up all winter long!!! A snowman is not just for Christmas :))
    Fabulous!!

    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!! Your an awesome quilter.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List