Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring has sprung!



We have been fortunate enough to have several absolutely beautiful spring days. Yesterday and the day before were up to about 80 and today is to be more of the same. This cute little guy is our youngest grandson. He is four, and had just learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. He thinks he is pretty cool, and we absolutely agree! He is such a little sweetie pie and he loves to be at our house as much as we love to have him.


With our beautiful weather, DH and I have spent quite a bit of time working in the yard. We pulled a ton of weeds (well, it seemed like a ton), and got four yards of mulch delivered and spread, plus other miscellaneous yard chores. We were pretty sore at first, but feel pretty good now. The yard sure looks better. The daffodils and tulips are fading, but other blossoms will come to replace them.


On the quilting front, there is not much to report. I did finish quilting another string charity quilt. It is not the prettiest one in the world, that's for sure, but hopefully it will make someone happy. I am working on hand-sewing the binding, and will post a picture when I finish.
I helped our two DGDs and a neighbor girl begin work on purses. It is a simple little pattern, and they still have some work to do. It was a challenge to have the three of them, because they all wanted my attention at the same time, but we managed.
I better go get something done.

3 comments:

  1. What a big boy with NO training wheels. They grow up so fast don't they?

    Spring is on it's way here. We are suppose to have 80's Friday into the weekend. I am sure looking forward to it. Although I still have to look out from the office window - not next summer!!

    I am sure your String Quilt is pretty. I still want to try one of those - probably when I am not looking out the office window!

    Have a great week Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at those eyes! He's so proud of himself.
    You're such a great grandma Donna.
    Warmer weather is here too but I'm sure not going out to do yard work like you two. I leave that to Don. He has to have something to do right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation are in order for that young man. There are a few milestones they pass while growing up,letting go of the training wheels is one of them. He's a lot younger than my kids were, but riding a bike on a gravel is a bit harder.

    Looking forward to see your string quilt.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List