Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring is here - at least for today

This cute little punkin in our front yard is our younger grandson.  We always have him on Fridays, and today was a lovely day, so he spent quite a little time outdoors.

A couple weeks ago I was in our local quilt shop and saw this wonderful breast cancer batik that I just had to have to make a quilt for our DDIL who is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer.  I also found the perfect fabric (in my opinion) to go with it, the beautiful green.  I found a star I really liked on EQ and went from there.  I am pleased with how it turned out, and I know our DDIL will love it.  I will mention that they consider her to be in remission, but she still must have radiation treatments because there was cancer in lymph nodes.  Obviously, our hope is that remission is permanent.


6 comments:

  1. I will pray for her remission too, we had Paul's results and it hasn't grown or spread! His tumour marlers are way down too so we are hopeful, the Dr didn't use the remission word and Paul has to have another endoscopy but we are beginning to pick up the threads of life again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna the quilt is just lovely. I know Tonya will love it to pieces. Very good choice of fabric! And good to hear that she is doing as well as she is. I'll keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonya remains in my prayers for a complete and lasting remission. What a beautiful quilt for her to wrap up with..full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt Donna. I am very thankful to hear that Tonya is in remission. I continue to think of her often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, It's been awhile since I stopped by but just love this quilt-not only the love behind it but the colors and pattern. Yesterday I was at a celebration for a friend just finishing radiation for her breast cancer. Thanks for sharing-such a gift of love.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Donna, I love this pattern and wondered if you could tell me the name of it so I can reference it in the future. Thanks so much.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List