Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1

Well, how creative is that title of this post! Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else.

A year and a half ago or so, I took a Quilt University EQ6 course. We went on vacation and I got it all printed out, but never finished it. I have now decided that I need to get it done and get going with it, so I can design the rest of my Mariner's Compass and design a quilt for our granddaughter's birthday, which is July 1. She loves purple, pink and butterflies, so all that will be incorporated into hers. But back to the learning process. I am in the middle of the second of three lessons. They are very comprehensive and pretty long.

Other than the EQ lessons, I have been working on quilting a charity quilt that I pieced. I sandwiched it last night. I am not real thrilled with the quilt. It seems a bit boring, and doesn't pop like I hoped it would, but it will probably be okay. I need to get it quilted and the binding machine sewn on so I can do the hand stitching during American Idol this week. Yes, I admit it, I love that show, so need to have my hand work ready. I was doing some knitting last week, but it will be binding this week.

One DGD has expressed an interest in latch hook, so I want to go to Michael's or Joann's real soon and get her a small kit. It pleases me, needless to say, when the girls express an interest in crafty or needlework things.

Today was rainy here, but we did manage to get out for a bit and walk, and then pulled a bunch of weeds. The weeds and moss have been so bad, and we still have lots to do. We saw quite a few crocuses, and that is always a thrill - kind of the first harbinger of spring.

1 comment:

  1. I admire you for sticking with it on the EQ6. I bought EQ5 and other than Dee's lessons I haven't done much at all with it. Maybe this fall -what do you think? Whatever you do to the Mariner's Compass it is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List