Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quiet Sunday - hopefully

As I look at my most recent posts, I see I've featured our youngest grandchild a couple times, so I think it's time I brought someone else into view - his big sister. She played volleyball and her team just completed a very successful season. It is a 4th-6th grade team. They were so cute and full of spirit. They had a 20-year old coach that they adored and she really brought out the best in the girls.  Our granddaughter is on the bottom right, next to the coach.



After the volleyball game yesterday, I went to a charity sew at the home of a friend.  Several of us try to get together once a month and work on charity quilts.  Yesterday we made four patches using Billie Lauder's tecnique.  http://www.easymade.com/video_clip3.html .  It was great fun, and we got a lot done.  We are pairing the four patches with coordinating fabric, so each row has a four patch followed by a coordinating fabric.  A picture will follow when I have more done. 

A while back I saw the fabrics shown in the following table runner.  I first resisted temptation, but then went back and bought them.  The pattern is garden twist.  I obviously did not use a floral pattern, but I am very pleased with how it turned out.  The umbrella fabric is directional, so after an initial oops, I was careful to keep them all going the same direction.  Also partially depicted are my Mother's Day roses.

2 comments:

  1. She's gotten so tall, Donna...she looks so grown up! The team certainly looks like they are having fun in that photo.

    Love the tablerunner. Well, I love all your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is growing up so fast. I am glad she has had a good season. The Garden Patch runner is bery nice. I love tablerunners such a feeling of satisfaction QUICKLY! Thanks for the link to the four patch!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List