Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lessons from Mama


Yesterday was such a lovely day here, so we spent a fair amount of time outside soaking up the vitamin D!

I have worked a bit on putting together the blocks and rows of the Project Linus quilt I showed in my previous post, but since I don't have much to report on that front, I thought I would show an early quilt I made. This was made in 2003 and is from the Lessons from Mama sampler book. This quilt was such fun to make, and since I hadn't made many quilts at that point, it was a great learning experience. It now resides on top of the cedar chest in our bedroom. The reason I thought of this quilt is that Conni of http://allthruthehouse.blogspot.com/ had completed a few blocks of this pattern, and hers is going to be just lovely!




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I love the blocks,pattern and especially the colors. I will have to try to locate this book. It is so much fun to read your posts and see the things you are working on. Thanks for sharing and for the encouragement to us quilters.
    Blessings,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilt. Did you bring that one to KS? I would like to find that book as well. More projects for retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this quilt. The border is dynamite! Jacquie..retirement is getting ever closer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors really make this quilt stand out. I like it. Hope the weather is better, spring is on hold for now here and will be for a little while. Oh, well it's just early May.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List